I used to blog basically daily. I dropped off for several reason:
- I couldn’t write about the stuff I cared about most thanks to a friend not wanting the exposure.
- I lost Internet access for a while thanks to the 2008 Iowa flood and never got back in the swing of things.
- Facebook has filled the psychological niche blogging used to as I can post links and tell people what I think about them and my friends could comment.
- The Xanga platform is crap, but that’s where my readers were. I got increasingly frustrated with spending hours on a post, then having it disappear.
However, now I want to come back.
- A lot of my friends are bloggers and I can’t let them have all the glory.
- WordPress seems to be everything I was always frustrated Xanga wasn’t.
- Facebook is a terrible blogging platform as old stuff is nigh-impossible to find and the format is terribly unflexible. This can be a major issue when you want to comment on multiple links.
- I have a lot to write about again.
- I spent several years and almost twenty thousand dollars getting this degree in American History. If it can’t get me a job, I should still do something with it.
I have to figure out how to import stuff from previous blogs, including Facebook and YouTube stuff, so this won’t be the top post for long. I also need to figure out how to make WordPress’s link tool function. In the meantime, go to these places:
Here are topics I hope to cover in the future. Pester me if I don’t get to them.
Hannah’s death and funeral
Kitty’s death and funeral
- Vague courtship and quiverfull ideals as they play out in a church that’s only a little crazy
- Misogyny in the church
- Poor reasoning
- Urban legends in sermons
- the straw skeptics
- Lots of stuff about camp
- Bad morals
- Apologetics vs. why people actually believe
- Francis Schaffer and how my dad bought his bullshit
- Conceptions of history (There is more evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead then that Napoleon Bonaparte ever lived.
- Home school
- theoretical justification
- getting expelled
- Christianity and urban legends
- tokenism vs diversity
- the good points
- The alleged challenges of colleges vs the real ones
- The Satanic panic
- not having a TV
- Abstinence teachings (including Purity Bear)
This is related to deconversion, but how I went from being a whiny conservative to a liberal who has all the sex.
- Gay marriage
- public health care
- employment policies
- Interfering vs. minding your own business.
- What is the philosophical justification of the institution of parenting?
- My relationship with my parents.
Parents relationship with each other
- descent into pop culture
- evolving views on the gay
My relationship with Sophia
- Do I tell my parents?
- Conservative views
- Fights with Natalie
- Fights with Kitty
Substance abuse and Kitty
Redeeming features of media
- Sexism in Star Trek
Try to do that Turtle-a-day thing
Maybe a Pony-a-day as well
Why is it that when a cat starts groping a strange woman, it’s called kneading and it’s funny, but when I start groping a strange woman, it’s called misdemeanor sexual assault and it’s very serious.
Anti-Sharia and my dad’s views
My parents’ views on violent video games, vs my views as a kid vs now
same with porn
Why I can’t go to strip clubs anymore
Catching wild animals as pets
The evolution of data mobility, aka you kids don’t know how easy you have it